Monday, May 21, 2007

Job Talk

So far I have two jobs for the summer, both in the evenings.

The first, canvassing for the Wilderness Committee as part of their grassroots education campaign, seems like nice enough work. It involves knocking on doors, which I got very used to last year as an enumerator for Statistics Canada, and telling people about the Wilderness Committee. Not too tough.

The second job is something completely new for me: manual labour. I'm laying brick for a small business here in Winnipeg. It's strictly inlayed brick, driveways and walkways not walls and houses. I've worked one three-hour shift so far, and it was both very satisfying and very tiring. There's something very rewarding about being able to see the fruits of my labour, and I don't remember the last time I slept as well or as soundly.

I also applied for a job with Golder, which sometimes hires students for the summer. They don't know yet if they need any help, but if they do, they say I'll be the first one they call.

3 comments:

annemarie said...

Yay for Paul! I bet you'll be buff by the end of the summer.

Jan said...

"Aren't you kinda naturally buff, Buff?"

heh

Anonymous said...

Hey, how's the job situation?