Monday, May 21, 2007

Goodbye Iowa

I spent the weekend of the 11th in Iowa City at my oldest sister's convocation. Jill graduated with a PhD in Women's Studies. The graduation was long and not terribly interesting in itself, but it was pretty cool to see my big sister become a doctor. Jill and her partner India hosted a big party later in the day, full of food, drink and good conversation.

Cathy and Freda were there too, and so were my parents. The best part of the trip was spending time with my family, and I left promising both Cathy and Jill that I would do better at keeping in touch with them in the future. And now I've put it into writing. So I'd better actually do it.

2 comments:

Elliot said...

And lo, it was nearly a month since Paul's last blog update, and verily the people did repine, and call out for want of blog posts, and there was mourning and outcry upon the land. Thus endeth the lesson.

Laura said...

I just got home after three weeks away and I was half dreading, half excited about all the blogs that I would have to catch up with. Thanks for making it easier on me.... but really, what are you up to?!