Thursday, September 07, 2006

You Decide

I need to choose between two classes.

At first, I planned to list pros and cons, but I will let you my gentle readers decide what is a pro and what is a con.

Medieval Lit: Heroes and Heroines

  • The prof is hilarious
  • The prof is excellent (he won a prestegious teaching award this year)
  • I really like Medieval lit
  • I get to read Beowulf
  • I get to read the Dream of the Rood
  • I get to read Gawaine and the Green Knight
  • I've already studied medieval literature, and have previously read many of the required readings
  • It means my Tuesdays and Thursdays are pretty much solid class from 11:30 until 3:45
  • The Memoir

  • I've never taken a course on the memoir, and all of the readings are new to me
  • The readings look really good
  • I get to read Maus II
  • I get to read Miriam Toews' memoir of her father
  • I have another course with the same prof
  • It will be more of a discussion course than the other one
  • It means my Fridays are hell, solid class from 9:30 until 3:20.
  • 5 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    go for the medievel lit - no reason - just go for it!
    Popsy

    Diedre said...

    I'd go for the good prof. You've already had a chance at the other one. Education seems to be more about the profs than the content in a lot of ways, so take advantage of the variety!

    Anonymous said...

    Medievil lit.

    Anonymous said...

    I say Medieval Lit too... What have you decided?!

    Paul said...

    I'm going to go for the Medievel Lit—but I'm going to hold on to the reading list for the Memoir.