Wednesday, November 15, 2006

No YOU'RE a luddite.

As those of you who also use it will no doubt be aware, blogger has released a new version, and really wants us all to switch over.

The new improvements include drag-and-drop templates and labels for each blog post, the necessity of signing in with a gmail account (Jan and I share a gmail account but not blogs. What do we do?), the annoying way that clicking on "comments" now leads you to the bottom of the comments instead of the top, security "improvements", so that now everytime I read blog comments, explorer tells me that the site includes both secure and unsecure items, and am I sure I really want to proceed?

Bah. Humbug. It worked fine before.

[edit to add] One of the big theoretical improvements of the new blogger is "it's a lot more reliable". Right after I made this post, all the blogs I check which were updated to the new version were inaccessable. The non-updated blogs were still accessable. Hah.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you could just use firefox instead of internet exploder. i don't get such warnings.

Clemens said...

Paul:
My sentiments exactly! I get the same stupid little messages (but weirdly, not this morning).

I am going to mix some ink, sharpen my quil, and send Blogger a complaint.

Laura said...

I may actually have to get a gmail account!!!! Stupid blogger. It's a plot of some kind. I'm not sure what they are trying to accomplish by this plot, but I am sure it is something evil.