Monday, September 11, 2006

Call for Comments

For one of my classes this semester, I have to produce a few short response papers on readings about "hybridity". The course in called "Hybridity and the Literary Imagination", and it focuses on mixed race, mixed culture and mixed languages. The most familiar example of this in Canada is the Metis. The course focues on literature by and about all kinds of neither-one-nor-the-other situations, racial, cultural or linguistic.

I propose to write my first thoughts for this course on this blog. I want to use this blog as something of a sounding board. And that will work best if I get a lot of comments, pointing out flaws in my reasoning, holes in my logic and occasionally points I've made well.

Of course, I always like comments anyway, but when my post concerns "hybridity", I hope the comments will be many.

That is all.

1 comment:

Elliot said...

Man! I posted some questions and now they've vanished. I'll try again later.