Friday, July 07, 2006

Asparagus and Tomato Pizza

I have decided that I will start recording for posterity the meals I have cooked. Maybe I'll do this frequently, maybe not. I'm definitely doing it today.

It came to my attention recently that my pizza dough seriously sucks. It's tough and bready, and in all ways inferior. So I have set out to remedy this in the only way I know how. Practice. This means that I'm going to be making a lot of pizza for the next while, until I feel that I have fixed whatever is wrong--be it the recipe, the rising time, the rolling technique. Whatever.

So today I made an Asparagus and Tomato pizza, which if I say so myself was delicious. The crust left something to be desired, but it was definitely better than my usual crust. The toppings were as follows:

Basic white sauce with feta: Butter, flour, milk, feta cheese and a sprinkle of oregano
Asparagus: broken into smallish pieces no bigger than my pinky finger
Tomato: cut into semi-circles
Grated feta cheese
Grated mozzerella cheese

That is all. It was very very tasty.

2 comments:

Diedre said...

mmmm...I like this idea of blogging about food...

Jan said...

And as an impartial eater, I can say it was quite, quite yummy.
****'s out of *****.