Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Blogwatch

Elliot makes a list, and checks it twice. Jan's new haircut causes quite a stir. Diedre wrestles with issues of faith. Laura is going to miss South Africa (mostly). Chris Enns likes games but not McDonald's.

I'm on Spring Break (Woo!) this week, and have a lot of extra time to accomplish important things.

So naturally I'm spending it reading books and blogs and comics (both web and paper), and playing video games. It's really amazing how quickly a day can go by. Yesterday Jan got home from work at 4:30 and I realized that if she asked me what I'd done all day I wouldn't know what to tell her. I read some X-Men comics that Elliot loaned to me. I thought about writing on my blog, but decided against it. And then it was 4:30.

Today I was a little better. I took out the garbage and went grocery shopping. Still, though, that's a lot of day for not a lot of accomplishment. Tomorrow I swear I won't act this way.

1 comment:

Elliot said...

Yeah, it's funny how you can accomplish more things while working full time than when you're on vacation. Gene Wolfe said somewhere that writers don't have to quit their day jobs - he found he could write more while sitting in the back of a truck for an hour than in a full day with nothing else to do.