Friday, August 15, 2008

What's cooking?

I've been cooking lately.

For my birthday Jan gave me Nigella Lawson's How to be a Domestic Goddess (and she thought she was SOOO funny). So I made a ricotta cheesecake as my birthday cake, served with fresh strawberries:




Next we have a butter chicken pizza:

Which is essentially butter chicken in a thicker-than-usual sauce on a homemade hybrid of pizza dough and naan bread. It was an enormous success, and was inspired by our friend James, who likes to sprinkle curry powder on his pizza.

Some friends I know through the internet were having a cooking challenge themed on chocolate, so I decided to make chocolate-orange-shrimp, an idea I got from a cookbook Aaron had when he lived at CMU (and probably still has?). The chocolate is, of course, unsweetened, and goes very well with the spicy shrimp, adding a smoky, bitter, nuttyness.


Sage and squash risotto


And before that I made an almond cake iced with whipped cream and blueberries, which I brought to a going-away party for our church's pastoral associate Kirsten.

No comments: