Sunday, December 17, 2006

A Day in the Life

Today being Sunday, I spent much of the day at church, and much of my time not actually at church walking to and from.

This morning we taught the youth about the book of Acts, about Ethiopia, about the meaning of the word disciple and the word apostle, about St. Paul and St. Patrick, about the manner of Judas Iscariot's death, about the entymological roots of "Theophilos", and about the end of the world.

In the afternoon I spoke to my mother on the phone and watched the newest episode of Battlestar Galactica.

Then it was back to church for the evening service. I was very tired, and sadly paid not nearly enough attention to the sermon on why Santa Claus is a heretic.

My dress shoes have very little grip and the sidewalks are quite slippery, so on the walk home I got to slide a lot. The only difficult part is picking up the necesary speed without falling over. And, of cource, a rough patch can make a sudden and unexpected stop.

And now I'm home, and Jan and I are watching Pride and Prejudice (the BBC version of course, which was a Christmas gift to Jan from her sister Lorinda). Mr. Darcy will soon propose to Lizzie for the first time, so I'm going to go watch it properly, instead of only half paying attention.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did Don Betts give the sermon?

If so, I think I heard the same one on Saturday night.

Paul said...

Yup, Don gave the sermon.

I guess he's a repeater. For shame.