Sunday, October 08, 2006

Perogies

This week I had my very first and very second attempts at home-made perogies.

Yes, it's true. Despite four years among the Mennonites at CMU, I've never attempted to make my own perogies before. But this week we were between grocery trips, low on many kinds of food and on even the elements of food, but we did have flour, potatoes, cheese and sauerkraut. The building block of perogies.

I made two types of perogies: chedder cheese, and sauerkraut. If I say so myself, they were delicious. I made them again for lunch today, and added feta cheese to the sauerkraut ones, and it was an excellent addition.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought perogies would take a super long time to make! How long does it take you? :o)

Paul said...

Well, it took about an hour the first time, but only about fifteen minutes the second time (when I already had the filling and the pastry made).

Anonymous said...

So far it has taken me about 25 years to make perogies... I'm still working on it.