Saturday, March 25, 2006

The Joys of Teaching

They say that teachers are not paid a lot, but that they have rewards beyond money. In my recent practicum placement I was not paid at all, but it was an enormously rewarding experience.


My grade 9 math class made me this a few weeks ago:


























I cannot feel anything but flattered. And a little weirded out. But mostly flattered.

Friday was my last day, and they threw me a surprise party (for which they had approval by the principal) and gave me a big card that said "We will miss you" on the front, and "You will miss us" on the inside.

A class across the hall, who I never actually taught, gave me a going away card too, which read "We know you never taught us, but we always wanted you to", and a present, which turned out to be a gift-wrapped juice box.

I kinda cried. And was a little weirded out.

2 comments:

Elliot said...

Awwww...

I thought what you said the other day about "You look ghetto, Mr. Moffet!" was pretty funny.

Anonymous said...

Always knew you could do it Paul - keeep gooooing - you will be some kinda great some day ! ! !
Mexican Parents